Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
that?Theoretically, yes, thou
The new Nike foam also tested best for energy return. It returned 87 percent of the stored energy, Nike Air Max 90 Femme Noir compared to 75.9 percent for the Adidas model and 65.5 percent for the other Nike shoe. The researchers believe that the combination of great cushioning and energy-return explains 80 percent of the Vaporfly’s advantage.But how does the greater running economy present itself? Surely, there must be a clear and simple Nike Air Max 95 Womens biomechanical change that can be observed. Not so far. In the Vaporflys, the runners ran with slightly longer strides (lower stride frequency), slightly more contact time, and slightly greater peak vertical force. None of these changes were large enough to explain a 4 percent improvement in running economy. For example, subjects’ stride rates barely changed. While running at 5:21 per mile pace, they averaged a stride rate of 181 in the Vaporflys, 182 in the Adidas shoes, and 183 in the Nike Air shoes.What’s Next in Shoe (and Nike Air Max 90 Homme Noir Performance) Breakthroughs?Study author Rodger Kram and others have previously noted that softer midsoles (or treadmill surfaces) produce energy savings by allowing the knee to bend less. With less knee bending, the big quadriceps muscles are contracted less, and therefore less oxygen is consumed. However, the new study did not measure knee flex, so the researchers can’t identify that as a crucial factor. “We are currently performing follow-up experiments to get more insights into the exact  biomechanical mechanisms Nike Air Pegasus 89 Femme at play,” Kram said.

Midpack marathoners will wonder if the Vaporflys would work for them at, say, 4-hour marathon pace and slower. Hoogkamer believes so. “We don’t have any actual data relating to 9:10 [per mile] pace,” he said, “but we noted a relatively consistent 4 percent savings at the three paces we tested. So it seems we could extrapolate this to the 9:10 pace. Those runners should see an improvement of 8Nike Air Force 1 Womens .4 to 8.9 minutes [in a marathon].”When Dennis Kimetto ran the current marathon world record in 2014, he wore Nike Air Max 2017 Femmea pair of Adidas Boost shoes. To help a runner get to 1:59:59, a shoe would have to offer a 2.5 percent performance enhancement. Could the Vaporflys manage that?Theoretically, yes, though the performance edge isn’t a full 4 percent. That’s due largely to the air resistance of outdoors running versus a treadmill. Also, a 1:59:59 marathon would require a pace of 4:35 per mile—faster than any pace measured in the Colorado lab.When Hoogkamer made the necessary adjustments, he pegged the actual performance-improvement level at 3.4 percent. Voila, a 2:02:57 becomes a 1:58:54While the new Nike Vaporflys appear to represent a major leap forward in performance running shoes, they aren’t the last stop. Future shoes will bring greater Nike Roshe Run Femme enhancements. But it won’t be easy. “The options for improvement are diminishing,” Kram said. “Cushioned shoes can’t get much lighter than the 7 ounces of Adidas Superstar Mens the Vaporfly shoe, and it is already delivering 87 percent energy return, so that figure can’t go much higher.”

The Colorado report was sponsored by Nike, which will cause some to cast a skeptical eye on the results. Kram’s response: “Nike came to us because we could design a bulletproof study, and I have lots of expertise and recognized integrity in the field. The money didn’t go to me. It paid my post-doc and grad students, and we compensated the subjects for their time. There is no way I would risk my scientific reputation built over 34 years to fabricate results. This was just a totally cool project. I love this stuff.”We use a lot of found pieces, from sponges to Adidas ZX Flux Femme insulation foam to hoses to anything you can pretty much find in a hardware store. Seeing designers use these tools to make and to create—I hope I can share them with you one day so you can actually see them for Nike Air Max 90 Homme yourself. They’re really, really, really interesting. One design was made from an air filter, you know? I walked in and it was shaped and showed the gesture of what speed could look like. It looked fast. These are things that can’t be drawn. You can only get it by making it, by creating it. — Marc DolceWhere Common Projects frames simplicity and consistency as a statement, Dolce, working of out of adidas’s new Creator Farm, is looking to test the limits of what sneaker making is. His aspiration? Design that breaks boundaries.
Antworten

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste